Sunday, January 23, 2011

Project Israel


One month from today I'll be leaving for a ten day trip to the Holy Land with a group of young United Methodist clergy and several members of the UMC's General Board of Church and Society. And guess what? You're invited!

I'm going to be documenting our experience through this blog, photos, and video, and I'll be posting here as frequently as I can while I'm over there, depending on availability of internet service. I want you all to be part of the experience.

We'll be doing many of the traditional pilgrimage activities, of course, but we're also going to be spending time with Israelis and Palestinians to learn about their everyday experiences and explore the ongoing conflict there from the ground level.

So my question to you readers is, what do you want to find out about? What questions would you like me to ask people when I'm over there? What issues would you like for us to explore in the next month before we leave?

I'm really excited about this opportunity, and I hope you will join me in making this a unique interactive experience.

1 comment:

James F. McGrath said...

I hope you have a great trip! I'll refrain from giving you a list of questions, but when you get back, I'd love to hear which places/experiences you think would be appropriate for Butler undergraduates - basically which things you would have been happy to have done as a student!