Monday, March 22, 2010

Attention Chicaaaaago Friends!

... I thought the title might get more notice if I said it in your accent. Now that I have your attention...

An old friend of mine is part of a really cool new church plant in the Chicago area, specifically targeting the folks in and around the Loop. You may have seen some of their ads on CTA busses or trains:






I know a lot of churches talk about everyone being welcome, but the folks at Urban Village Church don't just welcome everyone, they value everyone for who they are.

If you're the type of person who is intrigued by faith but has had a hard time with religious systems, I hope you'll check this church out. It might be for you, it might not, but you won't lose anything by giving it a try. And you just might find a really amazing point of connection with God and other people.

update: Urban Village Church has a cool new promo video:


I have to confess, I have the urge to plant a new congregation at some point in my journey in ministry, and I'm quite envious of what these folks are getting to do!

1 comment:

gerbmom said...

wow! I just wish it wasn't in the city. Our church had to disband and we are looking for another that follows this model. Love it. Just wish it was closer!!