Friday, May 13, 2011

Cutting and Growing

Note- it seems that Blogger is eating posts, so this is a reproduction of a post from Thursday.

I mentioned yesterday that I'll be taking a renewal leave during the month of June, and one of the things I've considered doing is seeing what I look like clean shaven. It has been a while since I haven't worn any facial hair:

OK, not quite that long, but it sure feels like it!

I'd like to make this interesting, and to benefit some people in need while doing so. Luckily, the folks at One Day's Wages have provided an awesome opportunity. They just formed a new partnership with Eden Reforestation Projects in Ethiopia to raise enough money to plant 200,000 trees and provide 2,000 total days of employment to eco-workers serving with ERP. At a cost of about 10 cents per tree, I think we can all do something to help.

So here's how we make this interesting as well as helpful. Every person who makes a donation of any size will have their name entered in a drawing at least once. Every $10 (that's 100 trees!) you donate gets you an additional entry, to be held on Monday, June 6.

The winner of the drawing gets to decide what facial hair configuration I wear for at least two weeks during my renewal leave. You can choose darn near anything you want.

You can tell me to keep things the same,










or go Grizzly Adams,












Chester Arthur,












Errol Flynn,












Dr. McDreamy,
Abe Lincoln,












the soul-patch,












early 90's Luke Perry,












early 2000's boy band "pencil beard",










or pretty much anything else you can think of. I won't wear a Hitler mustache, mostly because I could slick my hair to the side and kind of resemble the guy, and since I'm not Prince Harry or Eric Cartman, I don't think that's very funny. (OK, not funny "ha ha", but "what the heck is wrong with you?" funny)

So let's help out a good cause and compete to get to have a laugh at my expense. Let's cut my beard and grow some trees.

No comments: